Saturday 9 January 2010

Hungry Birds - 9th Jan 2010

It's no joke out there for our wildlife! I took some food out for the birds today and the sheep were trying to eat me! Well they were trying to get to the food I took out actually, but it just proves how bad it is out there when the sheep are competing with the birds.
A large bag of nuts and seed, as well as some grated cheese delivered to the Cyril Hart Arboretum should keep them going for a while.


PS: I should have reported this yesterday... While I was out walking, I heard a lot of gunfire! This is probably the wild boar cull in full swing?
Of all the reports, suggesting that there are hordes of them all over the place, I would just like to say that I did not see one. Not a single track or sign of them, deep in the forest or along the road verges.
There is a lot of exaggeration and scaremongering regarding the boar and their numbers. I also know that there are silent people out there, waiting to speak against people like me if something goes wrong, but these people do not and never will bother me.
For some reason there is and there always has been a lot of negativity regarding wildlife, nature and conservation. Some people look on it as being geeky, but this is far from the truth.
Here are some pics from today, mainly robin's as they were everywhere. Poor light led to a challenging session, so don't expect too much!




Rob

2 comments: