Thursday 7 January 2010

Mid Wales

I have been busy clearing snow over the last couple of days and have had no time to venture out with the camera "yet"!
While outside it got me thinking about some cold days spent in Mid Wales with the camera, over the last few years.

Thought I would give my pics a showing.....


Here are a few of the small waterfalls that you see while driving around. Sometimes you have to follow the streams up the side of a mountain for the best shot, but it is worth it, as long as you make it back down in one piece!









I can't go to Mid Wales without taking a trip to Gigrin Farm, near Rhayader, to watch and "try" to photograph the feeding of the red kites!
Sometimes the weather is not on my side, but it is still an awesome sight, to see up to 300 kite's in the sky at the same time.

This is a rare white kite, alongside a red kite. The backdrop is spectacular and helps you to achieve awesome photographs.

Having a rest!



This is a buzzard "I think"? Someone who was also there filming told me that it was a red kite, buzzard hybrid!
Don't know what to believe. What do you think?



Grey Heron's take advantage of the free food, as well as the buzzards!



If you want to know if it is worth going, take a look at this photograph. The dots and specs in the distance are not from a dusty sensor. They are red kites!








Rob


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures, the streams and Red Kites. Tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best place in the world... innit? ;0)
    Diolch, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks (diolch) guys.

    This is just a small selection of my photographs from Mid Wales, a place I "have" to visit at least twice, every year.

    ReplyDelete