Thursday 25 March 2010

Newspaper Article - Snakes

BLACK ADDER GOES FORTH

Below is a link to a newspaper article I supplied to the local press, it has been slightly changed and edited.
My main purpose was to try and dismiss the fears that some have regarding our native snakes as just rumours and folklore. I hope it helps to save a few!
I usually find between 2 and 5 dead snakes within my reptile sites throughout the Forest of Dean. This figure may not seem high, but it is when both the adder and grass snake are in decline and are both protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, Schedule 5 from Trade, Injury and Killing!


http://www.forest-and-wye-today.co.uk/tn/news.cfm?id=10365&headline=Black adder goes forth



Rob

6 comments:

  1. I saw the article after my son showed it to me, he thought it was funny, Blackadder from the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know! Bit catchy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see someone fighting for the reptiles. Here in Australia there is still the attitude, that the only good snake is a wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Richard.

    I can imagine mate! If I had a few days down under, boy would I be like a kid in a candy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rob,
    Browsing tru the net and found your blog. Nice informative blog. Keep it up! Here in Borneo people still hunt python for it's meat. Poor reptiles.

    Cheers!
    Rose
    Borneo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor reptiles indeed! Thanks for the comment Rose.

    ReplyDelete