Monday 25 April 2011

The Sun Brings Them Out!

Its been a scorcher over the Bank Holiday so I got out there and covered a lot of ground. Too hot and too busy for the majority of our wildlife and by going deeper into the forest to find them would have just invaded their safe space!
I spent a lot of time searching new areas for the adder and grass snake (to see dedicated blog) Click Here


I found a couple of blue flowers, don't know what they were so I thought I had better take a snap in case they were rare! :-)




Than I found this fella sitting on a stinging nettle leaf!




And this lady - I followed her up the blade of grass and waited patiently for the right moment!




I know they are invasive, destructive and the reason why our native red squirrel is absent from many parts of the UK, but they are cute when they are babies!



Rob

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I've seen those blue flowers before ;)

    Lovely photos again, a cracking one of the Ladybird and who could resist the little poser at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete